Passing url parameters through Crowdsource StoryMaps

Jump to solution
11-20-2019 08:53 AM
HeathAnderson
Occasional Contributor II

I really like the Crowdsource StoryMap for one of our applications, I realize this item is in Mature Support, but in certain circumstances I would like to be able to bypass the splash screen and zoom to a feature on the map.  Is this possible using url parameters?  I know Stephen Sylvia‌ has done a lot of work cataloging and explaining similar information in the Story Maps Developers' Corner (https://medium.com/story-maps-developers-corner ).  Please advise.

Best,

Heath

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Heath,

Unfortunately, we never got around to adding this feature before we decided to move the app to mature support. That being said if you or someone you work with is familiar with JavaScript, you could add that functionality in a self-hosted version. Another community member has customized their crowdsource app to do this and posted a sample here: Custom URL's · Issue #1 · Esri/storymap-crowdsource · GitHub (See the last comment in the thread for example).

Steve

View solution in original post

2 Replies
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Heath,

Unfortunately, we never got around to adding this feature before we decided to move the app to mature support. That being said if you or someone you work with is familiar with JavaScript, you could add that functionality in a self-hosted version. Another community member has customized their crowdsource app to do this and posted a sample here: Custom URL's · Issue #1 · Esri/storymap-crowdsource · GitHub (See the last comment in the thread for example).

Steve

HeathAnderson
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you

Heath

0 Kudos