Map series/tour blend failing to load

Jump to solution
01-14-2016 12:24 PM
MattElliott
New Contributor

Recently created a story map using a map series tabbed with four individual map tours, each embedded as a tab in the series. But, while the story map works in preview, once made live each of the embedded tours fails to load when others try to view it on Chrome or Firefox.

I'm no map maker or IT person. The tour is built mostly with images we've posted to our agency's flickr site, and using base maps provided through the map tours app.

Any insight in what may be hanging this up? Thanks! The tour is at http://arcg.is/1PEqjaQ

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JimmyKroon
Occasional Contributor II

The embedded tours are based on web maps, right? My first guess is that all of the underlying web maps need to be public along with the story map app.  When I try to view it, it wants me to log in, which makes me think it's restricted.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JimmyKroon

The embedded tours are based on web maps, right? My first guess is that all of the underlying web maps need to be public along with the story map app.  When I try to view it, it wants me to log in, which makes me think it's restricted.

MattElliott
New Contributor

Thanks! I was assuming that since the maps are part of the apps option, they would be public. But I'll check. Hopefully, that's it.

0 Kudos
MattElliott
New Contributor

You were right. Shared individual story map tours. All is well. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Nice work by the way, and nicely integrated into your agency's web page about this subject:
Conserving Georgia's Nongame Wildlife: 2015 | Georgia DNR - Wildlife Resources Division

Rupert

0 Kudos
JimmyKroon

Great. And now that I can see it - it's a very nice site.

0 Kudos
MattElliott
New Contributor

Thanks, all.

0 Kudos