Map Series Story Map Template not 508 compliant

03-12-2019 06:13 AM
EricS
by
Occasional Contributor

I wanted to put my three dashboards that I created into one story map for easy access to users.  The story map I chose was a map series.  I did tests to see if it is 508 compliant and it is not.  Can you suggest anything to make the story map 508 compliant?  If I cannot use story map how can I show all three dashboards in one location?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Eric, Our team works hard to include standard patterns which increase the accessibility of our template and ensure they can function well for all users whenever possible. Many organizations, including other government organizations that are required to follow 508, have found that they are compliment with their accessibility requirements.

That being said, we know that there is not one specific set of requirements to meet 508 and is dependent on use case and application. There are also few extra things which are required by the author to ensure the app remains accessible, such as adding alt text (available in the builder), use and accessible theme, and only including content that is accessible. If you do find any specific needs that are lacking for your requirements, please let us know. This will help us improve the accessibility of the app for all users.