Map journal hosted on own server is not working with internet explorer

10-23-2014 11:34 AM
MaheshPathak
New Contributor II

I have created a web app using map journal templates and hosted on my server. I have 102 sections and each is configured as web page using web app created through classic viewer templates.

It works well with chrome but When I open application with internet explorer, I got the below error.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Capture.JPG

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Are the classic viewer templates public?

IE doesn't seems to allow to display a template that require authentication. Please let me know if this is what you are trying to do on purpose.

0 Kudos
MaheshPathak
New Contributor II

Hi Gregory,

It is not Public,only shared with organization

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

Ok, I will look more and let you know if there is a solution. This looks like a technical limitation of IE that we may not be resolve soon. I hope in the mean time you can make the class viewer application public. Thanks for your understanding.

0 Kudos
MaheshPathak
New Contributor II

Thanks Gregory,

I just want to inform you that the application configured on AGOL is working for both chrome and IE, however it can only displays 100 maps.

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

Yes there a limitation of 101 sections (home section + 100 sections).

To use more sections, you will have to download the application, host it, edit the following property and use the builder to create the remaining sections.

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

I took another look at the issue embedding private apps in a public Journal and the behavior of IE is correct and in fact better than other browser. If you share the Journal with your organization instead of making it public, user signed in will have no issue accessing the apps, which is what you want I guess.

0 Kudos
AdamPlata
New Contributor III

Hi Gregory,

I have a similar issue here with the story map journal used by our customer, the Hamburg Port Authority. Trying to load the app with IE 11 doesn't open the authentication window.

error hpa intro.JPG

Works fine with Chrome and Firefox. The app uses webmaps which are not public.

You may access it here: http://www.hpa-basisinfo.de/

Is this an IE issue (Understanding the Compatibility view list (Windows))?

0 Kudos
AdamPlata
New Contributor III

By the way, my IE version is 11.0.9600.17420

The customer is using 11.0.9600.17358 - and the authentification window does appear

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

The window does appear too for me on IE using the same version as your customer  (11.0.9600.17358). I have automatic updates turned on in IE on Windows 7 and it says i have the latest version installed. (USA region)

0 Kudos