Legend is being strange in AGOL Story Map

Jump to solution
07-11-2018 07:37 AM
AlexaKorber
New Contributor II

Hello,

I'm currently working with a few different tabbed Story Map (Map Series Tabbed). Up until about two weeks ago they were working fine, but now I've noticed that when I open them several tabs will not display their legends. The legend panel will appear, but it will be blank (see attachment). Navigating to the next tab in the story and then immediately going back will allow the legend to display. 

I did have a phone call with ESRI Customer Service and the technician suggested I try deleting the first tab and re-adding it. I did try this, but it did not work. It should be noted that I only deleted the tab, not the map associated with it. The data displayed on the each map is a mix of Hosted Feature Layers and zipped shapefiles that have been uploaded. 

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to get the legends to display properly upon opening? 

Thank you,

Alexa

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Alexa,

I have looked into this and it looks as if there are some other users who have encountered the same issue. It isn't anything that you've done, it is a bug with the Story Map Series template specifically. The bug that is logged is:

BUG-000115297: Legends in the Story Map Series template using the Tabbed layout do not display while viewing the Story Map application

Unfortunately, there isn't a workaround other than switching tabs and going back to the original tab. You are able to track the status of the bug on My Esri (https://my.esri.com/).

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,

Luba

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Alexa,

I have looked into this and it looks as if there are some other users who have encountered the same issue. It isn't anything that you've done, it is a bug with the Story Map Series template specifically. The bug that is logged is:

BUG-000115297: Legends in the Story Map Series template using the Tabbed layout do not display while viewing the Story Map application

Unfortunately, there isn't a workaround other than switching tabs and going back to the original tab. You are able to track the status of the bug on My Esri (https://my.esri.com/).

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,

Luba

AlexaKorber
New Contributor II

Hello Luba,

Thank you--I did end up talking with another tech who filed a bug report. I appreciate the reply.

Alexa

0 Kudos