Journal Story map suddenly vanished - not recovered till now.. Please help

Jump to solution
03-18-2018 02:12 AM
mkuttnernpns
New Contributor II

Dear fellow story mappers and coders out there,

I´m, facing a severe problem -- I've been working on a very complex and detailed Journal Story Map for the last couple of months now (approx 150 hrs working time) which I nearly finished last week. After a "error" message when working with the appbuilder, I received after uploading my last feature layer to my final section of the map I restarted the machine (and thought - OK, maybe I have to upload the layer again and loosing some lines of text in the worst).. BUT -- after restarting I couldn't longer access the URL (till now 4 days later). What is really surprising for me, that all my content (layers, pop-ups in web maps etc. I created within the App builder are accessible (within the web maps via the map viewer) -- so no data is gone but all of my narrative text (which was a very huge workload), the links within the text etc, all the formatting..

I don't know what to do and Esris technical support couldn't help me as well.. 

The Url to my story map (which has not been shared) was

https://natpark-ns.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/index.html?appid=2dcb5f0bc25845c490e5d2cb1b00c23b

I attached a screenshot showing the error message (which is unfortunately written in german -- meaning the URL isn't valid or the map can't be accessed)

I´m so frustrated and the map should have been finished by the deadline next week. I really don´t know what to do.. Even getting access to the html source code would be so helpful..

Anyone out there who can help me, please?

Thanking you in advance, Michael (-National Park Neusiedler See-) 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Michael, unfortunately I will not be able to help though the forum because I can't access any of your personal account information. You'll need to contact Esri's Technical Support so they can track down exactly what happened and why your data is missing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, I cannot see the item at all just by looking at the URL. Is it shared privately? I'd be happy to see if I can help via the forum but you will need to shared the item publicly. Because you can no longer access the builder, try opening the item from ArcGIS Online => My Content.

If you are unable to share the map publicly, you'll need to contact Esri Tech Support.

0 Kudos
mkuttnernpns
New Contributor II

Hi,

and thanks for your answer The storymap hasn´t been publicly shared

because it was in prep.. And - that´s what I tried to state before is

that the "item" (= the story map app) is not accessible (for me any

longer).. It has vanished from my arcgis-online account as well.. I

can´t see it.. I also tried finding it via arcgis-online-assistant,

without having success either. The only thing I could reconstruct is its

"appid" / former URL via my own browser history..

However, all the basc data being -- e.g. pictures, photos, pop-up texts,

and web maps as well (where I have embedded the pop ups) are accessible..

Do you understand my dilemma, I unfortuantely can´t share anything

because there is no longer anything to share in terms of the story map..

I´m asking myself --> esris cloud dump must have some sort of a backup

history, so that a former version of my story map may be recovered..?.

Or at least some html code, even when the story map can´t be entirely

recovered -- but I´m urgently in need of the narrative text and all the

references and links I used etc..

Thanks for dealing with my issue, best, michael

Am 19.03.18 um 14:10 schrieb Stephen Sylvia:

>

GeoNet <https://community.esri.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

>

Re: Journal Story map suddenly vanished - not recovered till now..

Please help

reply from Stephen Sylvia

<https://community.esri.com/people/SSylvia-esristaff?et=watches.email.thread>

in /Story Maps/ - View the full discussion

<https://community.esri.com/message/757896-re-journal-story-map-suddenly-vanished-not-recovered-till-now-please-help?commentID=757896&et=watches.email.thread#comment-757896>

>

0 Kudos
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Michael, unfortunately I will not be able to help though the forum because I can't access any of your personal account information. You'll need to contact Esri's Technical Support so they can track down exactly what happened and why your data is missing.

0 Kudos