Issue to make editable a story map for a colleague outside my org

10-24-2018 06:17 AM
FlorentNicolas
New Contributor

Hi,

I am fairly new to ArcGIS online and story maps and I am trying to set up a group to share a story map work with a colleague from another organisation (she already has an account / license on ArGIS online). 

I could create the group with the story map and invite the colleague. But it seems that she can´t edit the story map - only viewing is possible. 

I can see here Levels, roles, and privileges—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS that users have different roles. I am a publisher and not an administrator: so I can´t "Create custom roles" as stated in the table defining the roles. 

And it seems that I missed something something when I created the group and I can´t go back anymore. I missed it because of this role - I am only a publisher and can´t create custome roles when setting a new group. For example the interface visible here Enable colleagues to update your maps and apps  is different than what I had - I don´t have the field "What items in the group can its members update?".

Is "create custome roles" the reason why I could not set up the group to make possible editing for the colleague from another organisation? 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

You'll need an administrator to create the group that allows you to collaborate on story maps and invite you to the group. Once that is created and you are a member of the group, you'll be able to share your items to that group for other group members to edit.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
FlorentNicolas
New Contributor

?Great, thank you very much. I was confident that was the issue. Thanks again Owen!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

I'm sorry, but I have to amend my response. I initially missed that you are attempting to collaborate with someone outside your organization.

Currently, the ability to co-edit items in ArcGIS Online is limited to members of the same organization. That is documented here.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps