Issue: maximum points in a Shortlist Story Map?

01-20-2019 08:48 AM
SergioDomenech_Zueco1
New Contributor

I am working in this Shorlist Story Map which has 9 tabs and 2089 points. When I try to save last changes, the app showed me an error (see picture below) and the last two tabs added can not save the photos in the app.

Does exist a limitation in the maximum number of points in this type of app? Is the issue happening beacause I am using an ArcGIS for Developers subscription? Any commnet are welcome.

Thanks in advanced!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Sergio

There's not a numeric limit to the size of a Shortlist (except in terms of what you think your readers/audience can handle). However a Shortlist with the number of points yours has per tab may not perform well, and the error you are seeing may be related to that. 

But has this Shortlist perhaps been moved to a different owner by using the Change Owner button on the item details page in ArcGIS Online. If a Shortlist or Map Tour is moved to a different owner without the underlying web map in which the story stores its places also being moved to that new account, it can result in you not being able to save edits when you try and modify the story. That's the most common reason people get the 'Save failed, please try again' message when they try and save a Shortlist To make changes to a Shortlist or Map Tour, you need to be the owner of both the app and its associated web map, or be using an account, like an account with Admin access, that has permission to edit those two assets. See: Can't save changes to my Story Map Shortlist 

SergioDomenech_Zueco1
New Contributor

Hi Rupert,

Thanks for your fast reply! I did not change the owner of the Story Map, beacuse it is hosted in my ArcGIS for Developers subscription (Essentials) where I am the admin and the only member of this organization...

Finally I could save the app with 7 tabs and 2.089 points... Thanks for your feedback! 🙂

Regards,

Sergio Domenech

0 Kudos