Issue concerning shortlist webapp with different browsers

Jump to solution
08-04-2017 04:17 AM
MarcoBarthel
New Contributor

Hi!

Actually, I have an issue concerning the use of my shortlist webapp with different browsers.

I have created a shortlist webapp from an existing webmap and set the type to <Use the point data 'as is' >, so let's call it a 'live-link' to the source table data. I followed all instructions with the excel template to provide the right structure for the shortlist webapp.

Everything works fine when I use google chrome browser. But when I change the browser to firefox or internet explorer the connection to the data layer cannot be established.

So when I click the 'health check' button in my story section with google chrome, all is fine. But after doing the same thing in firefox or internet explorer, I get the message that the access to the data layer cannot be established. And this leads to a blank webapp in these browsers.

Any idea to get this solved?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

M. Barthel

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Marco,

It looks like the layer you are using points to a txt file, try reformatting to a csv and all should work as expected.

Mark

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you run Fiddler to check for any bottleneck?

Download Fiddler Web Debugging Tool for Free by Telerik 

Think Location
0 Kudos
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Marco,

It looks like the layer you are using points to a txt file, try reformatting to a csv and all should work as expected.

Mark

MarcoBarthel
New Contributor

Hi Mark,

thank you very much for the solution. 

I just tested it and used a *.csv file instead of *.txt file and now it's working.

I would like to know why this problem occurs with a *.txt file. Can you explain it to me?

Marco

0 Kudos