Image Comparison Swiper, AGO popup

02-13-2019 08:32 AM
BenjaminMittler
Occasional Contributor III

Does anyone know how to get an image comparison slider like the one linked below to work in an AGO popup? Or have any examples of someone doing this?

Thanks, Ben

How To Compare Two Images 

4 Replies
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ben,

The Story Map Swipe and Spyglass template offers the functionality you are looking for: Esri Story Map Swipe and Spyglass - An App for Comparing Maps.

You'd have to create a webmap in ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS, have 2 feature layers with popups enabled to represent the "before" and "after" states or how you demarcate the change in visualization and feed the Web Map ID into this template. 

Here's a popular example that illustrates this: http://storymaps.esri.com/stories/diabetes 

Thanks,

Aravind

0 Kudos
BenjaminMittler
Occasional Contributor III

Aravind, 

Thank you for your response. I do already have many webapps set up using the story map swipe tool. I was looking to be able to use this same functionality within the popup of a layer.

ex. Click on a feature to open a popup, the popup has a image comparison swiper within it.

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Ben,

Thanks for clarifiying that. If you need the swiper within the AGOL popup, i don't think this is a possibility since we do not support embedding <script> tags inside the custom attribute display. One way of workaround is if you could try to host the entire html in a page and embed the iframe or html in the popup.

Thanks,

Aravind

0 Kudos
BrettShaver
Occasional Contributor

I know this post is old, but I was just looking for this same functionality and couldn't find it!

0 Kudos