How to fix the Facebook link on shortlist story map?

06-06-2016 02:16 PM
NicholasMartinez1
New Contributor II

I followed the directions posted here: https://developerscorner.storymaps.arcgis.com/how-to-fix-facebook-sharing-6df958944a1c#.ul0qidotj. But that does not seem to work. I am hosting my webpage in a Google Drive folder, and the broken link should work automatically when I updated the js file. but it does not. Is there a way someone can contact me so we can do a screen share so you can see what is going on. Thank you.

Paris Williams

305-679-6588

Miami DDA

0 Kudos
14 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Nicholas,

I am tagging Rupert Essinger​ since he posted this blog post:

ArcGIS Blog: Issue with the Facebook share button in some story maps and how authors can fix it

One note though, sometimes when I am working in Google Drive, my "sync" stops working randomly. So I have to go into the google drive settings in the task bar and manually perform the sync. It might be worth looking into.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Nicholas,

I had this problem last week and I fixed it using the post you mentioned. Did you change both files or just one?

0 Kudos
NicholasMartinez1
New Contributor II

I just changed the one main.js file.

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

I'm thinking this is perhaps a sync thing with Google Drive because the actual change needed is just editing part of one URL in apps/js/main.js

0 Kudos
NicholasMartinez1
New Contributor II

What do you suggest going forward?

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Nicholas,

Have you tried verifying that your sync is working with Google Drive? Maybe forcing it to sync?

0 Kudos
NicholasMartinez1
New Contributor II

yes, the sync works.

0 Kudos
NicholasMartinez1
New Contributor II

sorry, my phone number is 305-379-6588.

0 Kudos
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Nicholas,

The main.js file does not seem to be the most current version.  Looking at the shareFacebook function, it still references the old/broken code.  Try updating with the most current version (1.4.9).

Mark

0 Kudos