Hi- After saving my shortlist story map several times, it will now not let me save. any ideas?

04-20-2017 10:28 AM
Mary_JoWatson
New Contributor

Anyone else have saving issues? I get the error "unable to save, try again" every.single.time.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Mary,

Sorry that you are having issues saving changes to your Shortlist.  If you open up the deleoper tools for your browser (f12 should do the trick), do you see any errors in the console?

Mark

0 Kudos
Mary_JoWatson
New Contributor

Hi-

I’ve been working with Patrick at ESRI on this. At first, we were seeing a permissions error but now we do not see any errors with the developer tools or with Fiddler. It really is mind boggling. AND in some cases, when I get the unable to save error and reload my map, it actually was saved… ☺

We are moving forward with replacing my shapefiles with hosted features and see if that clears anything up.

Any other ideas?

Mary Jo Watson | Senior GIS Analyst

Direct: 425.482.7728 | Main: 425.482.7600 | Fax: 425.482.7641

maryjo.watson@tetratech.com<mailto:maryjo.watson@tetratech.com>

Tetra Tech | Science

19803 North Creek Parkway | Bothell, WA 98011 | www.tetratech.com<http://www.tetratech.com>

PLEASE NOTE: This message, including any attachments, may include confidential and/or inside information. Any distribution or use of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.

P Think Green - Not every email needs to be printed.

0 Kudos
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Unfortunately this does not sound like anything we've seen or heard of before.  Would it be possible for you to share your Shortlist app URL with me to have a look?

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
NikolasSchmidt
New Contributor III

Hoping that digging up a year-old unanswered issue isn't a bad idea, here goes:

I'm running into the same issue as described in the initial post. I saved the story map a bunch of times prior to this, and now I'm going back in to edit the descriptions with a link. Unfortunately, every time I click save, it says it's saving, I wait, and then it says "Save failed, please try again." I've tested this with Chrome Version 63.0.3239.108 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Firefox 57.0.2 (32-bit) so far with no results. Neither of the console logs provide any information relevant to the issue, unless the mixed content is the cause. The application is available here for your viewing pleasure. If this is deserving of a new post instead of reviving this one, please let me know.

0 Kudos
Mary_JoWatson
New Contributor

Hi- I do believe we remedied the problem by using a different data type. I can’t recall which I started out with (shapefiles or GDB) but once I switched to the other, it seemed happy to save!

Which data type(s) are you using?

Tetra Tech | Science

19803 North Creek Parkway | Bothell, WA 98011 | www.tetratech.com<http://www.tetratech.com>

PLEASE NOTE: This message, including any attachments, may include confidential and/or inside information. Any distribution or use of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.

0 Kudos
NikolasSchmidt
New Contributor III

The boundary line and the reservoir pool polygons are zippped shapefiles (using 7-zip, saved as .zip) that I've loaded into the map from my computer using the Map Viewer's "Add Layer From File" tool. The point features are from a GDB.

When I find the time, I'll toy around with changing some of those data types and see if I can't get something working.

Thank you and Rupert for the help!

0 Kudos
Mary_JoWatson
New Contributor

Oh wait! Now I remember. It would only work with my layers as hosted feature service! Totally forgot that until now. However, now, it will potentially cost under this method. They got you either way. ☺

Tetra Tech | Science

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Nikolas. Sorry about the issue. Good idea to add your thing to this existing issue because it seems like the same or at least similar issue. We'll have a look into this.

Mary Jo > Thanks for that extra info.

Rupert

0 Kudos