Error hosting Map Series template

Jump to solution
06-24-2016 03:56 PM
deleted-user-KnEH1ZtJQ4CO
New Contributor II

I created and configured simple Map Series story in ArcGIS online with a single map. Downloaded the Map Series template and uploaded to a web server. Portal is not installed on this server. Note - we these templates provide access private web services through a proxy. I followed the four steps for configuring template, including configured index.html with the app ID, as are described on GitHub.

When the application loads, it hangs with a 404 at a reference http://myserver.com/sharing/rest/portals/self?culture=en-us&f=json. This directory exists on ArcGIS online, but not on my server.

Capture.JPG

I just wanted to verify that portal is not required to be installed to run the app and also ask if I need to make any configuration changes to config.js for this most basic deployment to work.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Tim

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Tim,

I confirm that Portal for ArcGIS is not required, I suspect that it's because your application is deployed in myserver.com/apps/MapSeries/ or myserver.co/home/MapSeries. When the app detect that it's hosted in one of those two configuration it will look for a Portal on the same server. If you can change the folder you should be good. Let me know otherwise.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Tim,

I confirm that Portal for ArcGIS is not required, I suspect that it's because your application is deployed in myserver.com/apps/MapSeries/ or myserver.co/home/MapSeries. When the app detect that it's hosted in one of those two configuration it will look for a Portal on the same server. If you can change the folder you should be good. Let me know otherwise.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-KnEH1ZtJQ4CO
New Contributor II

Thanks, that solved my problem. Any idea if that is true of other templates? We've deployed the compare template inside an apps folder and it ran ok, but this one threw me for a loop.

0 Kudos