Description sidebar disappears for 2 tabs and another is wrong

10-15-2015 03:12 PM
AWuenschel
New Contributor II

I created a StoryMaps project that looks great in edit mode, but as soon as I view live, the description sidebar associated with 2 of the 9 tabs disappears. On a 3rd tab, it shows the wrong description sidebar (one of the ones that is supposed to be associated with one of the tabs with a missing description). Help. How do I fix this?  

http://arcg.is/1NeUEJ2

Thanks much,

Mina

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Sorry about your issue, this seems like a very bad bug. Unfortunately I can't access your story, one of the webmap it includes must not be shared publicly My Stories | Story Maps. Could you use My Stories to make sure everything is shared? Thanks

AWuenschel
New Contributor II

Hi Gregory,

I cannot make it public until it is approved by our approving officials ( it will be a federal government page) and there is no way they will approve it with these glitches. Sorry! Thanks for offering to help. Let me know if there is anyway I can illustrate the problem.

Update: i tried re-creating the page from scratch and I still have the glitches described. I also waited a few weeks to see if it was an internal ArcGIS Online glitch that could be fixed. This is frustrating because now I've spent a lot of time developing a non-functional story maps project. If anyone has any solutions I would appreciate them.

Thanks,

Mina

0 Kudos
KyleBalke__GISP

Mina,

What browser are you using?  Perhaps try viewing in a different browser and see if the error is still persisting.

Kyle

0 Kudos
AWuenschel
New Contributor II

Kyle,

I appreciate you responding. I just tried Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome and had the same error on all three. Of course, as I mention above, when I look at it in edit mode, it looks fine.

Thanks,

Mina

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

Hi Mina,

Sorry again, this is really strange. I understand you can't share your data, maybe there is a way I can help if you don't mind doing some more test. So can you tell if there is a specific moment during the authoring where the story start to bug? Can you reproduce the issue with any map?

It would be really useful if you could maybe try to reproduce the issue with an empty map and dummy text. That way you could share it with me. Otherwise you will have to contact the Esri support, they should be able to assist you, they would try to reproduce it themselves.

Thanks