Customizing Story Maps

Jump to solution
10-24-2019 04:26 AM
MANESK
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi.. I'm trying to customize the Map Journal-Story Maps by downloading the minified Source Code. I added the AppID in the index.html and tried to load it. But it displays as " The Map Journal does not exist or is inaccessible."...

The web application is Shared. I'm using Portal for Arcgis. Please suggest a solution.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Manes -- There are instructions for ArcGIS Enterprise portal deployments noted in the readme instructions (see screenshot).

Sounds like you still haven't pointed your code to your portal, so your appID can't be found since the app is looking for it on ArcGIS Online rather than your portal.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Manes -- There are instructions for ArcGIS Enterprise portal deployments noted in the readme instructions (see screenshot).

Sounds like you still haven't pointed your code to your portal, so your appID can't be found since the app is looking for it on ArcGIS Online rather than your portal.

Owen Evans
MANESK
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi Owens,

Thanks for your reply. I tried the same as mentioned in the README instructions by setting the DEFAULT SHARING URL parameter.
Still i face the same issue. The screenshots of edited section of Index.htm and Config.JS is attached for your reference. Please let me know why i'm facing this issue.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Manes -- Sorry it's still not working for you. I'd recommend contacting Esri Support and they can help troubleshoot your specific situation / web server.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos