Custom configuration not working for multiple sections using Map Journal?

Jump to solution
08-13-2014 01:24 PM
AnnaFischer
New Contributor

I currently have 4 sections on a Map Journal App that each use the same web map under the main stage. What I would like to do is custom configure each section by location, content, and popup. I can usually get through the customizations for the first two sections, but when I get to the third one it won't let me save the customizations and freezes up on me-- I chose one of the custom configuration options, set it, and then save it, it doesn't save and when I try to click on it again, it is grayed out and reads "Loading..." The Loading never clears and I have to reload the map. Even after I reload, it doesn't work. I've tried re-saving the main stage map, using a different main stage map (but with the same content). I even created a new application and tried to re-do everything, but to no avail. Anyone have any ideas??

The following is a screenshot:

Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 1.14.05 PM.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
StevenKincaid
New Contributor III

Thank you Gregory

0 Kudos
C_EHoward
Occasional Contributor III

I have a similar issue where I am trying to add custom popups to pages but they are not opening. I have one page that has one that I configured yesterday but today, I cannot add anymore. ideas?

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

That must be related to the type of the layer. Could you share the story or any detail about that layer. I don't remember precisely but I know one or two layer type are not supported and unfortunately the builder is not smart enough to tell you when it's not supported and it's just not going to work.

0 Kudos
C_EHoward

you can see the story here​. The map is the one I have been using consistently-- all pages except the 'Crystal City' page use the same map. I have republised the service a few times to adjust symbology/attributes but the layers are the same (its actually one FC showing 3x with definition queries)

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

Thanks, I have been able to reproduce and came up with a first diagnosis but I'm not a server expert so I will have to check with colleagues Pop-up configuration for line layer doesn't stick · Issue #54 · Esri/map-journal-storytelling-templa...

Did it used to work on the same layer on the same server?

C_EHoward

I am almost certain it worked previously-- the one layer in my map service works but uses a different webmap.  I overwrote the service and was using the same web map. only difference was I swapped out one attribute for another in the popups n the web map. I will try and create a totally new service from my MXD, but needed this app to go live tonight. Maybe it does not like face I have the same feature class listed 3x-- but the popups work fine just not when I try and have them open by default.

0 Kudos