Crowdsource story map not working in Chrome on a Mac

11-30-2018 12:03 PM
SusanMoore
New Contributor III

Yes, I know this template is in mature support, but the replacement options just don't offer the beautiful simplicity of this one. That being said, for some reason we can't get our app to load on Chrome on a Mac, specifically Mac OS 10.13.6, chrome, Version 70.0.3538.110 (Official Build) (64-bit). 

It loads the main image, but the 3 loading bars move to the bottom of the screen, and the app never finish loading. And the Submit Your Light Display button never loads. 

It seems to work fine on all other environments and browsers. 

Any suggestions? 

https://oakgov.maps.arcgis.com/apps/StoryMapCrowdsource/index.html?appid=03bfedf51ffb4fb792d2e7f9ed3...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Susan, 

Thank you for sharing your issue here on the Story Maps space. I currently tested this issue on the following OS & Browser versions: 

• MacOS Mojave v10.14.1
  • Chrome Browser v70.0.3538.102. 

To narrow down this problem, can we confirm if the problem is because of the OS or your browser? With a Safari browser on your MacOS, does it work? I don't seem to be prompted for an update to .110 of Chrome yet to see if this version causes problems.

Thanks,

Aravind

0 Kudos
SusanMoore
New Contributor III

Hi Aravind,

The problem is specific to Chrome. On 2 machines that had the same OS and Chrome versions, both Firefox and Safari work fine. 

I also had one of the users try other story maps that use the same template (such as this one), and they were able to view it without a problem in Chrome. 

Thanks,

Susan 

0 Kudos