Create Map function in Classic Story Maps not working?

Jump to solution
11-12-2020 07:42 AM
RobinConner
New Contributor II

Hi, I'm using Classic Story Map Journal for a university class project.  The map builder interface was working just a few days ago, but now when I select "create map" for the main stage area the map builder hangs up and doesn't open.  I've had this problem with Firefox and Chrome.  I've had multiple reports from students who are having the same issue.  Is this a known issue?  Is there a workaround or fix in development?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobinConner
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply.  I've tested it again and now it seems to be working fine on both browsers, so maybe it's just an intermittent problem.  This is a remote class, so it's not a network issue (we're not on the same network).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor
Hi Robin -- I'm sorry you are having an issue creating maps in the classic Journal template.

I just tested this and didn't see any issues.

Since others you work with have experienced the same thing, I'm wondering if there is an issue on your local network.

I would recommend contacting Esri Support so they can help troubleshoot this specific issue. https://support.esri.com
Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
RobinConner
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply.  I've tested it again and now it seems to be working fine on both browsers, so maybe it's just an intermittent problem.  This is a remote class, so it's not a network issue (we're not on the same network).