Copy Student Story Maps

Jump to solution
05-03-2016 07:47 AM
RichardSmith5
New Contributor II

My question is this:

My students have made story maps for their final AGO assignment.  Some did story maps of our school activities facilities.  We are looking at putting the "best" one(s) on the school website.  The students do not have publishing rights.  My plan was for the students share their maps with me (and join a specified group).  I was then going to make a copy of the map that I could "publish publicly".

At T3G 2015 we learned how to make copies of the maps we made - sorry I do not remember the steps on how to do this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Richard,

There does not seem to be a real easy way of doing this. It looks like it will be best to use the ArcGIS Online Assistant to help with this:

ArcGIS Online Assistant

Take a look at this thread response from Gregory as well, it may help:

https://community.esri.com/message/444720#comment-444203 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi Richard,

There does not seem to be a real easy way of doing this. It looks like it will be best to use the ArcGIS Online Assistant to help with this:

ArcGIS Online Assistant

Take a look at this thread response from Gregory as well, it may help:

https://community.esri.com/message/444720#comment-444203 

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Richard,

Some follow up questions. If they do not have publishing rights, how are they getting their maps seen? And, in any case, could you just make these 'published' maps public so that they can be shared with everyone?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Richard,

Are the students part of an ArcGIS Organization or are they using public accounts? If they are part of an organization then administrators can change the sharing on any item, regardless of the owner.

Just make sure that the story item as well as any maps and layers in the story are shared by the administrator and then you can post the stories on your website. The gallery on our story maps website has a lot of nice examples of how to embed, link or create a collection of story maps on a website.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos