Cascade StoryMap Hyperlinks

Jump to solution
07-19-2016 02:49 PM
MattSheehan
Occasional Contributor III

In the cascade storymap template, is there a way to create hyperlinks from titles and images?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately there isn't a way to create links from images or titles (I assume you are referring to the text in a title section or the title text at the top edge of an immersive section, let me know if you are talking about someplace else).

We can consider adding this to a future release -- could you give me some examples of how you'd use links in both of those places so we can understand how you'd like them to work?

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately there isn't a way to create links from images or titles (I assume you are referring to the text in a title section or the title text at the top edge of an immersive section, let me know if you are talking about someplace else).

We can consider adding this to a future release -- could you give me some examples of how you'd use links in both of those places so we can understand how you'd like them to work?

Owen

Owen Evans
BenArril
New Contributor

Hi Owen and Matt,

I really want you to add this functionality to Cascade. It really limits how images are used. Yes, I can add a small caption at the bottom where I can embed a URL but I want to add several images (15+) and I would like to have each image link to another web page so the user can explore more about it.

It would also be nice to have the ability to expand an image when clicked on similar to the story map series. 

Oh and the ability to embed an image (logo) in the centre of the title page not just the top corner (this would be overtop of the background image). 

Thanks!!

Ben

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Ben -- thanks for your feedback. We are looking into adding a logo in a more prominent place for a future release.

We'll look into making images linkable in the future. For now, you could create your own simple web page of a clickable image collage that you host yourself, then embed that into your Cascade to accomplish what you are looking to do.

Owen

Owen Evans