Can't sign in to classic story maps website

Jump to solution
04-14-2021 05:36 AM
KristinThorpe1
Occasional Contributor

Hello! I've spent the last three days working on a story map in Classic Story Maps. Today, when I click "Sign In" from the My Stories page I am directed to the usual sign in screen where I enter my credentials (I have an ArcGIS Online account, not Enterprise), but then the My Stories page opens back up and I am not logged in. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I have tried Chrome, Edge, and Firefox browsers. I can't access my stories and I'm worried I just wasted three days working on my story map. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@KristinThorpe1 -- This is a temporary issue due to some system updates that are being done this week. 

You should be able to access your stories by logging into ArcGIS Online and going to your Content page. All your stories can also be opened/edited from there.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

@KristinThorpe1 @saraew We have just updated our systems and the sign-in to the website should be functional now!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@KristinThorpe1 -- This is a temporary issue due to some system updates that are being done this week. 

You should be able to access your stories by logging into ArcGIS Online and going to your Content page. All your stories can also be opened/edited from there.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
KristinThorpe1
Occasional Contributor

I don't know how I never realized that before! I guess because they're not labeled as "Story Map" on the Content page. Thank you!!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@KristinThorpe1 -- That's correct, classic stories are labeled as Web Mapping Applications in ArcGIS, but stories created with ArcGIS StoryMaps are listed as StoryMaps. 😄

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
saraew
by
New Contributor II

This system update has caused me too much anxiety. I have a deadline on Friday. I need to create 5 new classic stories with information about my heat map and the data analysis used. I am unable to achieve that same look in other stories. Can you please guide on how to create a classic story from my content in the absence of the Classic Story Map portal?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 5.35.41 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 5.35.52 PM.jpg

Owen Evans
saraew
by
New Contributor II

Even, Thank you for your help. I used your approach. However, it does not give me access to an HTML code which I need for embedding in our website. Do you know how to work around it? 

saraew_0-1618436903526.png

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

The story builders are no different accessing them through the classic website or ArcGIS Online, so I'm not positive that I know what you mean.

I didn't mean to imply that you had to choose the Basic template in my screenshot. All the classic templates are available there. Did you need to choose a different template like Journal, Series, or Cascade?

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

@KristinThorpe1 @saraew We have just updated our systems and the sign-in to the website should be functional now!

DPGimnich
New Contributor

It is still not working on my end.

0 Kudos