Blank Page- NO preview or Edit option

Jump to solution
02-03-2019 09:59 AM
RishikaMukhopadhyay
New Contributor

I have made a story map in the Map Tour Template. When I click on preview or edit map, it is a blank page. Nothing is showing. Can anyone please help? It is really urgent.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Rishika,

I just wanted to follow up with you and let you know that it is required for the map tour layer to be visible at the scale that the Map Tour template loads. It is not possible currently for the set visible range from the webmap to be honored in Map Tour application. 

Thanks,

Aravind

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Rishika -- Sorry you are having an issue with your story. Can you share your story map with Everyone (from your Content page on ArcGIS Online) and paste the link here so we can try to help troubleshoot?

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
RishikaMukhopadhyay
New Contributor

Hi Owen

Many thanks.

http://bit.ly/2SsMUhU this is the link. Can you please help ? The map is saved in My Stories as well. But while opening it shows blank.

Rishika

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Rishika,

Thanks for sharing the URL of the app you've made. Since it doesn't seem to load, we'd like to gather some information about the workflow you've done so far in getting to this step:

1.) What was the type of layout that this map tour uses - Side-panel, Three panel or integrated?

2.) Did you import the tour data using a CSV file or upload each image individually for points? 

Thanks,

Aravind

0 Kudos
RishikaMukhopadhyay
New Contributor

Hello

Many thanks for your help.

1. It was Three panel.

2. I added all images individually.

If I can provide some more information, it might be easier for you to find the reason. I have made the map for second time and the preview was fine till I edited the map and added a layer for direction.

I went to More options in the map tour layer, then clicked on Route to all features. Then saved it.

Second in the same layer I have changed the visibility range to Street (because it was showing world) and saved again. After these were saved in My content the preview came blank. Any suggestion regarding this?

I need to add direction and want the map to be opened in the street level. Therefore opted for these.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Rishika,

That was very helpful. Thank you for sharing - I reproduced your same steps with some sample points in my organization. The issue is when you change the visibility range to Street/City/Town/Neighborhood Area, the Map Tour template becomes blank on Preview or on a shared link. I'd recommend changing the visibility range to "World" for the Map Tour layer, save the webmap and reload for the template to start showing content again.

I would recommend that you control the Zoom Level for the Story Points in the Map Tour template itself. I'll try to do some digging to see if there is a way to control the visibility range for the layer to be used in the template or not. 

Thanks,
Aravind

0 Kudos
RishikaMukhopadhyay
New Contributor

Hello Aravind,

Thanks very much for your help. I changed the zoom level from the story map templae instead of from the map layer and the map is now working. You can check out the story now http://bit.ly/2DNH036 . There is a lag in image display but I think that is network issue.

Many thanks.

Rishika.

0 Kudos
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Rishika,

I just wanted to follow up with you and let you know that it is required for the map tour layer to be visible at the scale that the Map Tour template loads. It is not possible currently for the set visible range from the webmap to be honored in Map Tour application. 

Thanks,

Aravind

0 Kudos