Automated Story Maps???

Jump to solution
08-04-2016 03:33 PM
RichardLawrence1
New Contributor III

Is automated display of story map content a feature that Esri would be interested in considering? We find that some storymaps are not intuitive to navigate...and having a suggested or default "engagement" that would "play" when the story map is accessed would add tremendous value to those who access a story map but who don't necessarily have experience navigating one.  Thanks for considering this.

Richard

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Richard,

Most story map apps already have autoplay. You can read more about which ones and how to use it in this blog:

What’s New in Story Maps (March 2016) | ArcGIS Blog

Also, I'm curious to know what specific aspects of story map navigation you don't find intuitive. Would you be able to please provide a bit of detail so we can work to make improvements in the future?

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Richard,

Most story map apps already have autoplay. You can read more about which ones and how to use it in this blog:

What’s New in Story Maps (March 2016) | ArcGIS Blog

Also, I'm curious to know what specific aspects of story map navigation you don't find intuitive. Would you be able to please provide a bit of detail so we can work to make improvements in the future?

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
RichardLawrence1
New Contributor III

Owen, your comments, as always, were very helpful...I completely missed autoplay in materials I had previously scanned for "what's new in storymaps."  Thank you VERY much for the contribution.

Richard

0 Kudos