Adding inline links to a Cascade Storymap

11-05-2018 12:04 PM
LynnVandevort
New Contributor

I guess that is what they are called.  I've looked at many articles about this and "inline link" seems to be the most used.

I want to add a link to text in a narrative panel - not external with a url - but to another section in the Storymap.  I tried Adam Pfister's article about adding "inline-index-" using the numerical index of the sections but have had no luck getting that to work.  I haven't been able to find anything else on this.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AdamPfister
Esri Contributor

Hi. Are you able to share what exactly is not working? Can you share the link to the Story Map itself?

Adam

0 Kudos
JohnSchweisinger
Occasional Contributor

not sure but in html the #(LinkName) works

0 Kudos
DavidPhares
New Contributor

Adam,

Here is the link to my StoryMap:  http://arcg.is/1iXv5W 

On the page with the map you will see a list of addresses come up in the narrative window.  I want to link those addresses with the appropriate place in the StoryMap so when the viewer clicks on the address it takes them to that part of the story.  I've tried to use the 'inlink-index' method you talked about in your article but all I get is a blank page.

I'm definitely missing something here.

0 Kudos
AdamPfister
Esri Contributor

Hi David,

Thanks for sharing the link to your app. After taking a look, it appears that your app is being hosted in ArcGIS Online. Since this process involves adding some custom code to the app, you will need to download the Cascade template, make the changes outlined in the blog post, and then re-host the app on a server somewhere. Does this make sense?

Adam

0 Kudos