Adding a Directions link in Story Map Journal popup...

Jump to solution
09-08-2015 01:31 PM
BillMcDevitt
New Contributor

This is actually a bit more of a question as to how to edit the format of a popup in a Story Map Journal using the online app.  Although I cannot find any reference to this, it seems that however I set up the popups in the basemap in arcgis online is how the popups look in the Story Map, except for the "Zoom To" and "Directions" links at the bottom of the basemap popup.  Is there a way to get those into the Journal popup while still using the app?

Are there any further instructions as to how to format the popups in the Story Map Journal?

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Map Journal is reusing the popup content that you define in the map viewer except for the zoom button that we have chosen to disable for aesthetics. We hope to make that an option one day, from now, if you want to enable that button, you have to download and customize the application.

See the following documentation to see how to download and where to put the CSS rules given below that would enable the button: Esri/map-journal-storytelling-template-js · GitHub

.esriPopup .actionsPane {
  display: block!important;
}

The direction button is not supported in most ArcGIS Online applications so far, couple of apps support it:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=556db83093934365a8d7e2f294aa785bYou could integrate one of this apps in the Journal by using a web page media.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Map Journal is reusing the popup content that you define in the map viewer except for the zoom button that we have chosen to disable for aesthetics. We hope to make that an option one day, from now, if you want to enable that button, you have to download and customize the application.

See the following documentation to see how to download and where to put the CSS rules given below that would enable the button: Esri/map-journal-storytelling-template-js · GitHub

.esriPopup .actionsPane {
  display: block!important;
}

The direction button is not supported in most ArcGIS Online applications so far, couple of apps support it:

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=556db83093934365a8d7e2f294aa785bYou could integrate one of this apps in the Journal by using a web page media.

BillMcDevitt
New Contributor

Thanks, Gregory.  I'll give some of these a try!

0 Kudos
JuliaGalindo
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Please help me to understand, with the code you provided it is possible to display the "zoom to" in the popup window, but not  "directions"? Despite the fact that both of them are in the web map?  Is there a way to also show  "directions" as in the web map?

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos