add driving directions between two or more locations in a storymap

Jump to solution
08-07-2014 02:10 PM
deleted-user-jJGKz_pZF6jT
New Contributor II

Is there a way to add driving directions in a storymap? There is a field to enter a location address. I would like to have the user be able to type in their home address and have directions to get to the location of the building that shows up in the pop-up.

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Geri,

Currently the only way to get driving directions is to either 1) download and customize the story map app and code that feature yourself (must be a developer and be able to host your own apps), or 2) embed another configurable app that has driving directions (like the Directions app) into your story map (Series or Journal only). If you've never embedded an app within a story map you can read about how to do that in this blog post.

We are thinking of adding a native directions capability to one or more storytelling apps in the future; could you let me know to which app(s) you wanted to add driving directions?

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Geri,

Currently the only way to get driving directions is to either 1) download and customize the story map app and code that feature yourself (must be a developer and be able to host your own apps), or 2) embed another configurable app that has driving directions (like the Directions app) into your story map (Series or Journal only). If you've never embedded an app within a story map you can read about how to do that in this blog post.

We are thinking of adding a native directions capability to one or more storytelling apps in the future; could you let me know to which app(s) you wanted to add driving directions?

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
New Contributor II

Hi Owen,

I think I was thinking of adding to the directions to get to ballot drop sites. I will be revisiting that project as we want to develop an elections app.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Hi Owen,

Thanks for your feedback. At the time I was working on a storymap showing County building locations and thought it would be nice to add the driving directions to get from a persons home to the County building.

Here is the app: https://www.deschutes.org/it/page/county-building-service-locations

Sorry for the late reply!

Geri

0 Kudos