ADA Accessibility for Cascade Story Maps

Jump to solution
09-26-2018 08:38 AM
NancyRoss
New Contributor

I have a Cascade Story Map that I'm being asked to make ADA accessible. I've seen a post showing how to do it for Journal and Map Series, but not Cascade. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Nancy -- See this blog that was updated in June 2018 when we added the ability to add alternative text to media via Cascade Builder.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Nancy -- See this blog that was updated in June 2018 when we added the ability to add alternative text to media via Cascade Builder.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
NancyRoss
New Contributor

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
AndrewBernish__MDOT_
New Contributor III

There appears to be a bug in this. I am using several videos for a cascade story map as the 'lead' image. I go to add the alt text for these videos and everything appears to work just fine. After adding the alt text, I click the blue check mark and exit, and save the story map, but whenever I go back into the manage menu, the alt text that I had entered for the video has disappeared and is blank. This only happens for the videos. The images work fine. My story is here: https://maryland.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=bebb1baf10c543da856dbcbaf5e246b3. Please help! 

0 Kudos