Storytelling Shortlist - Changing the maximum # of features per layer?

Jump to solution
11-22-2013 05:30 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
I am in the process of trying to setup a Storytelling Shortlist storymap for one of our departments in our organization.  Looking at the documentation, I noted that one can set up separate tabs for displaying individual point layers.  However, "each layer can [only] contain up to 99 features".

Is there any way of changing the maximum number of features per layer?  One of my point layers has approximately 140 points that I would like to display on the map.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Scott
It Should Just Work if you have marker symbol files for the additional numbers installed. See this zip file which contains the additional numbered files we have: http://links.esri.com/storymaps/numbered_marker_symbols

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Scott
It Should Just Work if you have marker symbol files for the additional numbers installed. See this zip file which contains the additional numbered files we have: http://links.esri.com/storymaps/numbered_marker_symbols

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Awesome, I didn't realize the icons within the story map actually referenced individual PNG marker symbols stored within a folder.  No wonder I was only limited to 99! Since there were only 99 PNG symbols in the default story map "icons" folder, one is only limited to 99 features!

I'll use the markers from the zipped folder you supplied and let you know how it turns out.  Thanks!
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just to touch base, the zipped file with the additional marker symbols worked ... thanks!
0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor
Great to hear. If you go public with your Shortlist, we'd like to see it. We recommend adding a 'web mapping application' entry like this one to represent your shortlist app (or any other app you create by downloading a story maps template) in ArcGIS Online. In this way people who search ArcGIS Online looking for cool examples (including Esri staff!) can find and launch your app. Put 'story map' and the name of the template (i.e. Shortlist, Countdown, Playlist, etc) into the Tags field so it will show up in queries like this one, which lists all the app entries in ArcGIS Online with shortlist in their metadata, sorted by date most recent first.
0 Kudos