Select to view content in your preferred language

Story Tour Failure

Jump to solution
08-20-2015 09:57 AM
Yavapai-ApacheNation
New Contributor II

My first Story tour was a great success.  When I tried to edit it, it failed.  Since then I have remade it three times.  Each time it fails.  Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 9.52.15 AM.png

All my points and images are gone.  It loads an empty map.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Regular Contributor II

Hi,

Sorry about your issue but thanks for taking the time, that last Map Tour gave me a lead. The web map associated with the Tour is http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=a7d55448cfea47379cfbe93a2b287552

If you try to open the attribute table, you will get an error that let me think that when you created your tour you must have copy/pasted some text that ArcGIS Online don't like.

This can happen when you are copy/pasting content from the web or rich text editor like Word into the builder. One thing you could do is to copy/paste the text into a simple editor like notepad before copy/pasting into builder. By doing that you may or not notice some weird character in your text. Remove those if you see them.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Yavapai-ApacheNation
New Contributor II

Good morning. You are correct, I was copying and pasting from Word. Especially since I did it so many times. I'll try just retyping it and see what happens. Later, tho. Must do some real work first. Thanks.

Judie Piner

Preservation & Technology

Yavapai-Apache Nation

Yavapai-ApacheNation
New Contributor II

Good morning, so far so good. I am up to six images and have saved and gone out twice. I think the Word copy/paste was the problem.

Judie Piner

Preservation & Technology

Yavapai-Apache Nation

0 Kudos