Story Map Tour - Unable to use Audio HTML Tags

Jump to solution
03-04-2020 01:31 AM
GeoventisWempe
New Contributor II

I'm trying to add audio files to my Story Map Tour via the description in the following blog article: Adding audio to your Story Map Tour 

However I'm not able to save my Story Map with audio tags in my description box because of an invalid HTML tag. Is it no longer possible to use those tags?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

OK, thanks for the information. You must be using the option to upload your own photos. Behind the scenes, this uses a feature service to store your information, which has different security requirements.

If you are able to host your images somewhere else and use one of the other options to create your tour you will be able to use this technique.

This is mentioned in the note at the bottom of the blog article you're following.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello -- I'm sorry you're having an issue adding audio to you map tour story. I just tested this using the code sample provided in the blog article you referenced above, and it works as expected.

Are you adding any additional tags? Can you share the exact code you are using so we can help troubleshoot?

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
GeoventisWempe
New Contributor II

I'm using literally the code snippet of the blog article just with another URL. But even with the URL of the blog article it is not working. The following code is copied from the description box.

<audio controls="controls"><source src="http://downloads.esri.com/agol/labs/maptour/horse.mp3" type="audio/mpeg"></audio>

I get this error message (unfortunately in german), even if the audio element is empty. (<audio></audio>)

Story Map HTML Error

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Is this on ArcGIS Online or your own Enterprise portal?

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
GeoventisWempe
New Contributor II

It's ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

OK, thanks for the information. You must be using the option to upload your own photos. Behind the scenes, this uses a feature service to store your information, which has different security requirements.

If you are able to host your images somewhere else and use one of the other options to create your tour you will be able to use this technique.

This is mentioned in the note at the bottom of the blog article you're following.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
GeoventisWempe
New Contributor II

Ah, ok. Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos