playlist - changing the appearance on mobile

Jump to solution
04-10-2016 06:00 AM
DiklaZeidman
New Contributor II

Hi,

I downloaded the code of the Playlist story map and configured the look of the app. I'm very happy from the result on pc but the result on mobile devices is not so good.

this is the link to the web app: Playlist

I changed the colors of the numbers icons, but in my Iphone I still see all the icons in red.

(I replaced the image of the icones in the images folder).

on mobile - the map title is covered by the map icons (share, legend, bookmarks) and is also Incomplete.

If anyone knows how can I control these properties, I would appreciate some help.

Thank you very much,

Dikla.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dikla,

I opened both the desktop and mobile version of you app and all the icons appear correctly. Try clearing your browser cache to make sure you're not pull an old version of the code/icons.

Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 11.41.08 AM.png

The legend for the playlist app is only automatically generated for the layers that are not included in the list itself, in your case the basemap. If you would like to include names of icon colors, you can do that in the app config: playlist-storytelling-template-js/index.html.erb at master · Esri/playlist-storytelling-template-js ...

For your share and bookmark icons, on mobile we move those to the header of the app.

Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 11.48.12 AM.png

It looks like when you customized the look and feel of your app, you removed these buttons from the header. You might retrace your steps to see what you took out. I believe the elements your missing are these mobile-controls: playlist-storytelling-template-js/index.html at master · Esri/playlist-storytelling-template-js · Gi...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dikla,

I opened both the desktop and mobile version of you app and all the icons appear correctly. Try clearing your browser cache to make sure you're not pull an old version of the code/icons.

Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 11.41.08 AM.png

The legend for the playlist app is only automatically generated for the layers that are not included in the list itself, in your case the basemap. If you would like to include names of icon colors, you can do that in the app config: playlist-storytelling-template-js/index.html.erb at master · Esri/playlist-storytelling-template-js ...

For your share and bookmark icons, on mobile we move those to the header of the app.

Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 11.48.12 AM.png

It looks like when you customized the look and feel of your app, you removed these buttons from the header. You might retrace your steps to see what you took out. I believe the elements your missing are these mobile-controls: playlist-storytelling-template-js/index.html at master · Esri/playlist-storytelling-template-js · Gi...

0 Kudos
DiklaZeidman
New Contributor II

Thank you for your response,

I decided to take off the mobile controls because they were on top of my title (hebrew is right to left, so when I put the title aligned right, the mobile controls were disturbing)

0 Kudos