Select to view content in your preferred language

moving an existing story map to my server so I can add more than 99 points

Jump to solution
03-28-2017 02:55 PM
MarkFleming
Occasional Contributor

Hello;

I want to move my existing Story Map from ArcGIS.com to our server so that I can add more than 99 map points. Is this possible? Can you direct me to the instructions for this. Is this the best way to add more than 99 map points?

Thanks

Mark

https://asdm.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapTour/index.html?appid=54b063f3cba845fb881c1f2d306e0664  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Mark,

I think you have a few options to consider:

1. Move the Map Tour to your server and customize it to add more than 99 points following the instructions here.
  2. Break up your Map Tour into two or more Tours (each with fewer than 99 points), each highlighting different types of plants or plants in different parts of the garden.
  3. Try making this story as a Story Map Shortlist, which would let you categorize your points and break them up into tabs so there aren't so many to view at once.

I had one more suggestion as well -- Your imagery basemap is amazing, but it might be best to use the 3-panel layout for your story if you keep it as a Map Tour. There's not very much visual difference between the basemap and the photos, so they tend to run together. I think the 3-panel layout (or moving to a Shortlist) would help separate both elements and help them each stand better on their own.

Hope this is helpful!

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Mark,

I think you have a few options to consider:

1. Move the Map Tour to your server and customize it to add more than 99 points following the instructions here.
  2. Break up your Map Tour into two or more Tours (each with fewer than 99 points), each highlighting different types of plants or plants in different parts of the garden.
  3. Try making this story as a Story Map Shortlist, which would let you categorize your points and break them up into tabs so there aren't so many to view at once.

I had one more suggestion as well -- Your imagery basemap is amazing, but it might be best to use the 3-panel layout for your story if you keep it as a Map Tour. There's not very much visual difference between the basemap and the photos, so they tend to run together. I think the 3-panel layout (or moving to a Shortlist) would help separate both elements and help them each stand better on their own.

Hope this is helpful!

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps