link tabs in story map series from textbox

Jump to solution
10-16-2015 05:39 AM
JayThakur
New Contributor

Dear All,

I generated esri map series application for the map.

I have to include many tabs as per the requirement, so in that process i  feel it is a bit clumsy to look at. So i was thinking to have few of them grouped into categories as subtabs or link then in the description text box and hide the tabs from the tabsbar.

I am not so successful i doing either of them, so wanted to know if there is any possibility that can solve my issue.

Thanks in advance.

Dr. Jay Krishna Thakur,

CEO, Thakur International, Nepal

CEO, UIZ, Germany

Neue Grünstraße 38, 10179, Berlin, Germany

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

That's interesting, to do that with Map Series, you would need some custom development.

The only solution in StoryMaps offering that don't require custom development is Map Journal, this may not be a valid option for your story but it will let you do that kind of stuff through the concept of Main Stage Actions. Note that we are planning to add the same feature to Map Series in the near future.

You can see that in action in that story through the dashed links

https://story.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/index.html?appid=dc91db9f6409462b887ebb1695b9c201&webm...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
GregoryL_Azou

Hi,

That's interesting, to do that with Map Series, you would need some custom development.

The only solution in StoryMaps offering that don't require custom development is Map Journal, this may not be a valid option for your story but it will let you do that kind of stuff through the concept of Main Stage Actions. Note that we are planning to add the same feature to Map Series in the near future.

You can see that in action in that story through the dashed links

https://story.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/index.html?appid=dc91db9f6409462b887ebb1695b9c201&webm...

JayThakur
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks, that's a good news for us.

Can we know when will the latest version with this feature be released approximately?

or if we can download from github or some other?

Thank you,

UIZ

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

Hi,

This is not likely to be implemented and released very soon, probably March or July 2016.

JayThakur
New Contributor

Hi,

I found "link between entries" in FAQ in github:  Esri/map-series-storytelling-template-js · GitHub

It says it gives the ability to navigate between Series's entries using map features popup.

I added the piece of code to my index .html, and trying to figure what to do next to add the links, as its not mentioned in the documentation how to proceed next to add the links.

Could someone give any suggestions..

Thank you.

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou

Hi,

Sorry, the configuration instructions were indeed missing, I have added them  Esri/map-series-storytelling-template-js · GitHub

0 Kudos