Is there a way to make the symbols in the close up map the same as the symbols in the overview map?

Jump to solution
12-07-2015 12:38 PM
ChayaBalsiger
Occasional Contributor

I created a story map using the countdown template.  I was wondering if there was a way to make the symbols in the close up map the same as the symbols in the overview map.  The overview map symbol has the rank number on the symbol:

Is it possible for the close up map to have the same symbol with the rank number?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LeeBock
New Contributor III

Hi Chaya,

I think probably the easiest way for you to add those icons would be just to add them manually into your large scale webmap (during map authoring).  The large map will then show all the icons; however, the icons won't be as "active" as the icons in the overview map -- in other words they won't change color on selection or respond to mouseover etc.

If you really want to have both maps show the point datasets in equal manner, you'll have to modify the javascript code.  Unfortunately, the config doesn't support adding points to the large scale map.

Lee

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LeeBock
New Contributor III

Hi Chaya,

I think probably the easiest way for you to add those icons would be just to add them manually into your large scale webmap (during map authoring).  The large map will then show all the icons; however, the icons won't be as "active" as the icons in the overview map -- in other words they won't change color on selection or respond to mouseover etc.

If you really want to have both maps show the point datasets in equal manner, you'll have to modify the javascript code.  Unfortunately, the config doesn't support adding points to the large scale map.

Lee