Select to view content in your preferred language

Image sizes on Tour Map

11-26-2013 05:45 AM
LindseyBelliveau
New Contributor
Hello all,
I am very new to this, so I am hoping to get some advice or pointers.
I am currently making a Tour Story Map with the online application and I am very happy with everything except the sizes of the images when you click on the stops.

The purpose of my map is to show a series of trails around the state, each trail being a stop on the "tour". When the click on the tour point, the story map brings viewers to a photo from the trail with a caption as well as a map view of the physical trail (with a dashed line and parking/trail head symbols).

My issue is that the images are far too large, so they obstruct the view of the trail map/symbols. Is there any way of reducing their size?
Thank you so much for any help or advice! 🙂
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor II
Could you make your map tour story map public and post a link to it here so we can see what you mean? The map tour template is designed so that the images+caption are off to the side of the map so people can see them together with the map at the same time.
0 Kudos
LindseyBelliveau
New Contributor
Thank you for your quick reply! I am going to send a quick screen cap first so I can describe it more directly and then if you still need it public, I will switch it over.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]29388[/ATTACH]
The layout is mostly fine, and I am aware that default map scale can be edited to fit the trail views better, but what we are hoping for is for the image (the photo of the man holding a rock in this example) to be about 3/4 or 2/3 the size of what it is right now because we want the trail map to be the focus of what the veiwer sees as opposed to the photos.
This may even be as simple as choosing another type of Storymap, but we really do like this format.
If the image doesnt work i do believe this is the URL of the map:

http://ctdeep.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapTour/index.html?appid=3d9b55a62a3f4b3aa2fe8fb491d16e4a&webmap=...

My apologies if that doesn't work, as mentioned I am very new to this. Let me know if you need anything explained more.
Thanks again for your assistance!
0 Kudos