If I embed a story map onto a webpage do I potentially need to increase its bandwidth?

Jump to solution
12-20-2017 12:20 PM
EmilyBastow2
New Contributor II

If I embed a story map onto a webpage will the story map increase the amount of data on my page and therefore I will need to potentially increase my website's bandwidth? Or does it just refer over to the ESRI cloud and therefore I don't need to even consider my website's bandwidth?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Emily

Embedding a story map, or other ArcGIS Online app or map, into a web page is a good way to ensure that your intended audience sees what you created. Embedding an ArcGIS Online map or app in a web page doesn't change the source of that content: it is still hosted in ArcGIS Online, so it won't affect the throughput of your web server. 

We have some examples of story maps embedded in web pages to give you some ideas of what these look like. In the Story Maps Gallery, see Format > Embedded in the menu on the side, or just click this link to launch the Gallery with that filter applied: Gallery | Story Maps 

There are some good tips about embedding in this blog post: https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/storymaps/blog/2016/06/06/arcgis-blog-embedding-sto... 

Rupert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Emily

Embedding a story map, or other ArcGIS Online app or map, into a web page is a good way to ensure that your intended audience sees what you created. Embedding an ArcGIS Online map or app in a web page doesn't change the source of that content: it is still hosted in ArcGIS Online, so it won't affect the throughput of your web server. 

We have some examples of story maps embedded in web pages to give you some ideas of what these look like. In the Story Maps Gallery, see Format > Embedded in the menu on the side, or just click this link to launch the Gallery with that filter applied: Gallery | Story Maps 

There are some good tips about embedding in this blog post: https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/storymaps/blog/2016/06/06/arcgis-blog-embedding-sto... 

Rupert

0 Kudos