Select to view content in your preferred language

How to modify legend in Web Map (Story Map)?

Jump to solution
05-03-2016 01:57 AM
KarolinaKorzeniowska
Occasional Contributor

In my story map, I have a WebMap with vector and raster data. I have a problem to modify the description of individual layers in legend. The description of my raster layers is shown twice:

1) the name which I specified using "rename" option, 

2) the name of the original raster file which is used in this map.

How to remove the second name? Also the color ramp looks strange - it is divided for three parts. How to change it?

The visual example how it looks like is attached below.

legend.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Karolina,

The titles and legend components come from your layer services, and for certain types of services parts of the legend display aren't changeable in the web map or story map.

The best solution if you aren't pleased with the web map legend is to turn it off in your story map and create your own. Here's a blog post that describes several ways of doing this: Enhance your Story Map Journal legend | ArcGIS Blog

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Karolina,

The titles and legend components come from your layer services, and for certain types of services parts of the legend display aren't changeable in the web map or story map.

The best solution if you aren't pleased with the web map legend is to turn it off in your story map and create your own. Here's a blog post that describes several ways of doing this: Enhance your Story Map Journal legend | ArcGIS Blog

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
KarolinaKorzeniowska
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your answer. So it is unfortunately like I thought. I hope that ESRI will implement the possibility to change the legend in the near future.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

options and layers that can have their style changed are covered here, otherwise Owens suggestion, Change style—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS