How to Download a Story Map

Jump to solution
09-17-2018 03:31 PM
MadhavKrishna1
New Contributor

How to download a configured story map on ArcGIS Online?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Kevin - Unfortunately, there's not a way to simply download an individual story and its content. Since story maps are interactive products they need software, web services, and databases to render the story, maps, and data layers.

I'm not sure if your situations warrants, but you can look into ArcGIS Enterprise, which is a way to host your own private version of ArcGIS Online.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi -- Could you provide a little more information about what you'd like to do? Are you looking to host a story map on your own web server, download a story onto a mobile device, or something else?

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
kevinmasden
New Contributor II

One of our clients would like to know if we could download a story map that they have online & host it on our server.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Kevin -- Depends on what you mean by "download." Story Map template apps are open source and the code can be downloaded from Github and hosted on your own server. However, the app still points to ArcGIS Online or an ArcGIS Enterprise portal to get the story content and maps. For more information and detailed instructions on how to how a story map on your own server see this article.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
kevinmasden
New Contributor II

Sorry for the confusion, the user has already created the maps and are currently hosted on arcgis online.  I was wondering if the created maps & content could be downloaded to be hosted on a local server.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Kevin - Unfortunately, there's not a way to simply download an individual story and its content. Since story maps are interactive products they need software, web services, and databases to render the story, maps, and data layers.

I'm not sure if your situations warrants, but you can look into ArcGIS Enterprise, which is a way to host your own private version of ArcGIS Online.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
kevinmasden
New Contributor II

Sorry for the confusion, I would like to transfer a cascade story map(s) app hosted on ArcGis Online to my local ArcGIS Enterprise environment with out having to recreate the applications(s).  Is there any way to do this?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Kevin -- You might want to look into this toolset: https://www.geo-jobe.com/admin-tools/ 

The PRO version lets you clone a story map from one place to another.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos