Select to view content in your preferred language

Hosted tour with ArcGIS.com map

Jump to solution
05-02-2014 06:56 AM
EricO_Neal
Deactivated User
I created a map on ArcGIS.com and shared it publically.  Can I use this in a hosted Story Map?  The help states:
"Alternatively, you can start in the ArcGIS Online website and create a new web map showing the area and basemap you want to show in your tour. You can then share that web map publicly as a web application and choose the Map Tour from the application gallery."

I created the webmap, now I'd like to show it in the map.  Basically, it just contains a kml file.  Is it possbile to put this in a hosted Story Map, or are we limited to just media?

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Deactivated User
Sorry for inconvenience this is an issue that we will fix in next release.
It seems to be specific to KML, other layer type than you add to webmap can be displayed. So in the meantime I suggest you convert your data to shapefile.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Deactivated User
The Map Tour tutorial on StoryMaps website guide you in creating a Map Tour without a web map. If you already have a web map, you can absolutely publish a Map Tour with that basemap from the Share dialog of the ArcGIS Online Map Viewer, see ArcGIS Online documentation, this blog post or Map Tour GitHub repository.
0 Kudos
EricO_Neal
Deactivated User
My ArcGISOnline webmap contains KML that I have uploaded.  I was able to share the map thru the map viewer, but when I pick the "Map Tour" template, the kml does not appear.  If I pick another template, for instance "Basic Storymap", it is there.  Is this a bug?
I get several firebug errors when I open my storymap, but the kml itself is 200OK.

Working:
http://www.arcgis.com/apps/OnePane/storytelling_basic/index.html?appid=0dd32e0104be4deebb29fd23227c3...

Not working:
http://www.arcgis.com/apps/MapTour/index.html?appid=a04e4e73d66c45b5ad029a1877c9d419&webmap=afaffbf3...
0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou
Deactivated User
Sorry for inconvenience this is an issue that we will fix in next release.
It seems to be specific to KML, other layer type than you add to webmap can be displayed. So in the meantime I suggest you convert your data to shapefile.
0 Kudos
EricO_Neal
Deactivated User
Thank you, its working now with a shapefile.
0 Kudos