Help using Story Map Swipe and Spyglass

Jump to solution
08-26-2018 06:23 PM
JackBoyd
New Contributor III

I'm trying to use the WebApp Template Swipe and Spyglass to show a 2017 map as left side map and a 2018 version of the map as the right side map.   I've created both 2017 and 2018 as separate layers and saved them in one web map.  Do I need to save them to two different web maps?   In the configuration window attached, its not clear how to designate the right web map ID  if I select the desired left web map id. 

It also wasn't clear how to designate each map in the swipe widget editor of the WebApp Builder non-template version (see 2nd screen shot).  I have the same problem designating the two web maps in the widget editor.  

Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jack,

You could use one web map in this scenario.  You would choose which layer you would like to swipe to show the underlying layer.  So, if you wanted to swipe away the 2018 to see the previous year, you will want to make sure the 2018 is on top of the 2017 layer in the web map.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jack,

You could use one web map in this scenario.  You would choose which layer you would like to swipe to show the underlying layer.  So, if you wanted to swipe away the 2018 to see the previous year, you will want to make sure the 2018 is on top of the 2017 layer in the web map.

JackBoyd
New Contributor III

Thanks, Jake Skinner‌.  My error was not having both layers 'checked' in my web map.  

0 Kudos