Hanging Indents within text

03-18-2023 03:53 PM
HaileyFrancisco
New Contributor

Hello! I am doing a project for school and am using ArcGIS StoryMaps to put together the project. Me and my classmates are struggling to properly cite our references within the story map and have looked into the <BR> solution but cant put our finger on how to get it to work! We found a post similar saying there was no way to do a hanging indent so is there any back up plans we can use to cite references with a proper format? 

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @HaileyFrancisco -- I'm not sure what the <br> solution you're referring to is. Using HTML elements within the story text is not supported in ArcGIS StoryMaps.

There is not currently a specific way to do hanging intents, but I think you could simulate them by using SHIFT+ENTER. SHIFT+ENTER allows you to use single-spaced text within a block. If you insert a 4-5 spaces at the beginning of the second line that should help you simulate a hanging indent.

Be aware that if someone reads your story on a monitor that is a different size your content may wrap differently. I'd recommend not making each line very long.

Hope this helps!

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos