Formatting sidebar in Storymap Journal

Jump to solution
10-25-2017 03:44 PM
RamseyJeff
New Contributor III

Hi there, 

I'm having trouble with the formatting of the sidebar in my Storymap Journal. I can add body style text, then an image with a caption no problem, but then I try to add more body text below the photo/caption and can only add text to the caption!  Even when I try to add another photo below, it ends up getting embedded in the previous caption. Is there a way to jump out of the photo/caption? Pressing enter obviously hasn't been working.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RamseyJeff
New Contributor III

Thanks to your help, we've figured out that we've been copying a template where somehow it wasn't working. When we created a new section from scratch, it worked fine. Thanks so much!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi -- Pressing ENTER at the end of a line of caption text will keep you inside the caption. Just click below the caption or use the down arrow to exit the caption so you can add more body text or another image.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
RamseyJeff
New Contributor III

Thanks for your reply! I've found that unless I already have body text below where I place the image, using the down arrow doesn't work. so I'm left with just ENTER to move down in the section. I was hoping there was a shortcut to jump out of the caption and start new body text. 

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hmm, whenever you add an image in the side panel it should put an extra line of body text after the caption, and I just confirmed this is the case. What browser/OS are you using?

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
RamseyJeff
New Contributor III

I'm using Chrome. That's funny--there are 3 of us in my group all having the same problem. I wonder what we're doing wrong!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Jeff -- Sorry, I'm not able to reproduce what you're describing. Could you please provide a few more details about the steps your are following to add the image? For example, where/how are you adding the image? Maybe even post a series of screenshots showing what's happening? That might help us isolate the issue.

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
RamseyJeff
New Contributor III

Thanks to your help, we've figured out that we've been copying a template where somehow it wasn't working. When we created a new section from scratch, it worked fine. Thanks so much!