Embedding Video into Shortlist Storymap

Jump to solution
07-24-2014 07:17 AM
chelsiemiller
New Contributor

Is it possible to embed a video into the storymap shortlist app? I have tried using the URL to embed a video in lieu or where I would put an image URL, but that doesn't seem to work.

Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Videos are not supported out of the box in the Story Map Shortlist because the image for each place on the map is shown in the tabs.  You could embed anything you like in the Details panel that pops up by customizing the code (in this NOAA Shortlist they even embedded some Google Maps in the Details panel!)

I had a look in the Story Maps Gallery and even though there are a few Shortlists all about movies I didn't find any where people had embedded videos in the Details panel.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Videos are not supported out of the box in the Story Map Shortlist because the image for each place on the map is shown in the tabs.  You could embed anything you like in the Details panel that pops up by customizing the code (in this NOAA Shortlist they even embedded some Google Maps in the Details panel!)

I had a look in the Story Maps Gallery and even though there are a few Shortlists all about movies I didn't find any where people had embedded videos in the Details panel.