Embedded AGOL WebAppBuilder in StoryMap Cascade

08-23-2021 10:13 PM
Matt_SSFM
New Contributor

I've embedded an AGOL Web AppBuilder onto my StoryMap Cascade Template, however, when I and other users view the StoryMap, the template randomly "jumps" at times to the Web AppBuilder in the StoryMap even before the user scrolls and makes it to that section on their own.

I'm seeing if anyone else is having/had the same issue, and what solutions there are to fix it. Thanks!

Tags (1)
5 Replies
Geoeki
by
New Contributor III

Same issue here and it's driving us nuts. No solution found so far...

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@Matt_SSFM @Geoeki -- I apologize for this issue that is impacting your use of Web AppBuilder and StoryMaps.

This sounds very similar to the issue mentioned on this thread. We've heard about similar issues from time to time, and they are typically caused by the app being embedded stealing focus and causing the page to jump rather than something caused by the StoryMap. You can try embedding your app in a plain web page and see if you still see the issue (if you check out the thread I linked to above, you'll se an example of this).

I think you'll need to contact the WAB team to see if they have a workaround or solution for this.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
Geoeki
by
New Contributor III

@OwenGeo "I think you'll need to contact the WAB team to see if they have a workaround or solution for this." --> may I kindly ask you to do this internally? This issue seems to come up pretty regularly, so please enhance your internal communication and don't let us paying customers do this. Thanks!

StoryMaps are fantastic and I never thought those are so exploding in our company as they did - but this issue was reported to us (GIS Team) so often and we just can't help them... Embedding scenes in a plain scene viewer isn't really a solution because we put them into Web App Builder for a reason.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@Geoeki -- Of course! We do regularly engage in cross-team communication on issues like this, but I also always suggest to customers that they also contact the team since it always helps when customers advocate directly for the issues that are affecting them.

For now, if embedding is causing an issue that is not acceptable, I would recommend converting the embed to a card or using a button/link so readers can open the WAB app in a new tab to avoid this issue.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
Matt_SSFM
New Contributor

Thanks for your input! This issue has been a real headache for our team also.

Could you please provide me or point me in the direction of where/how to get in touch with the WAB team? I've also posted in their community board as well here, but haven't received any contact yet.

Thank you much!

0 Kudos