Select to view content in your preferred language

Autoplay a Story Map at Launch

Jump to solution
08-05-2016 01:21 PM
RichardLawrence1
Occasional Contributor

I have used the automation feature in Story Maps and it is wonderful for someone setting up a kiosk to run automatically; however, this happens after the map has already been launched, and the link option for automation enabled.  Are there plans to allow configuration of these supported story maps so that when they will autoplay upon initial launch?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Richard,

When you enable autoplay mode the link changes, so if you always use that link or share it with someone else the story will open in autoplay mode immediately.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

4 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Richard,

When you enable autoplay mode the link changes, so if you always use that link or share it with someone else the story will open in autoplay mode immediately.

Owen

Owen Evans
RichardLawrence1
Occasional Contributor

Owen -

Outside of downloading the source code for our story map and adjusting the autoplay duration that way, is there any other configuration tool/setting that we can employ to adjust the autoplay duration?  Our current setting does not allow all the layers provided to load sufficiently prior to moving to the next map in a series of 15.  Thanks again for your help.

Richard

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Richard,

You can use the slider on the autoplay control to adjust the timing.

Owen

Owen Evans
RichardLawrence1
Occasional Contributor

Well that's about as plain as the nose on my face!  I had (incorrectly) assumed that what I thought was a progress bar for "playing" the sequence is actually a slider for timing control.  Thanks for patiently pointing this out...you have pretty much thought of everything.  Cheers!

Richard

0 Kudos