Unwanted grid ticks along international date line

06-05-2019 07:25 PM
StephenRead
New Contributor II

Hello all

I'm trying to create a simple map showing New Zealand and offshore islands - some of which are on the other side of the 180 degree meridian (international date line). When I add a grid ticks are included along the date line within the map. I don't want this but can't work out how to remove them (apart from converting to graphics and then removing them that way). My map is in New Zealand Transverse Mercator projection but changing this didn't allow me to remove the tick marks.

Do you know how I can remove these unwanted tick marks?

Thanks - I look forward to your response.

Stephen

Map of New Zealand with grid ticks where I don

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JosephCarter
Occasional Contributor

Hi, Stephen. I believe you are on the right track with your "graphics" comment. The ticks are part of the tool and because they designate the change from negative to positive longitude, do not turn off. Your export to a vector file (such and PDF) and simply use the  "Edit PDF" tool in your Adobe software, now select each tick and delete. . .sorry this is not what you wanted. With the ticks removed, you really should modify the -180 to +/-180 on the top and bottom of your grid. . . this same issue would occur in using the grid tool in the vicinity of the equator.

Good luck,

Joe

0 Kudos