Table of Contents Layer Order

Jump to solution
12-18-2018 10:51 AM
Matthew_Deveney
New Contributor III

Hello, I've looked for an answer on this and cannot find it. I have been using ArcGIS for years now and have never had this problem before. I am trying to reorder layers in my table of contents in the Draw By Layer Order tab in ArcGIS Desktop 10.6.1. For some reason, I cannot move any of the layers up or down. I am in the correct tab, Draw By Layer Order. I've run the MXD through MXD doctor with no result. I also tried copying the layers into a new blank map, and I still cannot move the layers up or down. I do not know else to try, so I am reaching out. Any assistance or ideas would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Matthew_Deveney
New Contributor III

When all else fails...Restart. I restarted my computer and everything is working as it should. before I restarted, I could not move any layers in ANY maps that I opened. Fixed now - for future reference, restart your computer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Matthew_Deveney
New Contributor III

When all else fails...Restart. I restarted my computer and everything is working as it should. before I restarted, I could not move any layers in ANY maps that I opened. Fixed now - for future reference, restart your computer.

0 Kudos