Font for US Interstates in ArcMap

08-03-2017 09:04 AM
GeorgeHilton__GISP
New Contributor III

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this so forgive me if it is not.  The standard font for US Interstates in my installation of ArcMap is corrupt or missing as you can see by my attached image.  Can someone tell me the name of the font so I can locate it and fix the issue.  I can't seem to find the font name. 

Thanks,
George Hilton

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JosephCarter
Occasional Contributor

I hope this helps, George.

0 Kudos
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

I believe the one you need it called "ESRI Shields Regular".  At least that is what it is called in ArcGIS 10.2.1 (not sure if it varies by software version).

Chris Donohue, GISP

0 Kudos
GeorgeHilton__GISP
New Contributor III

Thanks for the suggestions.  The symbol that is giving my problems is a text symbol so the shields marker symbol set is not working for what I'm trying to do.  I've attached another screen shot that shows where I'm trying to access the text symbol (Layer Properties -> Labels-> Label Styles (button) ).  I haven't had any luck finding the system font, but I was able to find a fix by just labeling my interstates with a basic text symbol and adding a shield as a marker symbol behind it.  If anyone does come across the system font name based on my latest screen shot, let me know.  Otherwise as I said I found a work around.

Thanks,
George Hilton