Calcite 1.0.3. breaks JS(4.25) Editor widget

02-04-2023 05:26 PM
NicholasRolstad2
New Contributor II

I posted this on the JS API board as well since I'm not sure whether this is a JS issue or a Calcite issue. The problem is that I can't find any way to use the Editor widget in JS 4.25 (or 4.23) with the latest release of Calcite without the functionality breaking.

Here is a CodePen showing the issue.  If you create/edit a feature and then either go back or try to create a new one, all the layers in the editor become radio buttons and its functionally unresponsive. This is just the JS API 4.25 code example for the Editor widget but with a link to Calcite on line 10. If you take out Calcite, it works just fine. I've tried a number of things locally but have this issue no matter what if I'm attempting to use Calcite. Is this a breaking bug or am I just doing something completely wrong?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dirk_Vandervoort
New Contributor III

We experienced similar issues with the Editor. We had upgraded from 1.0.0-97beta to 1.0.3 Calcite, but had not upgraded the JSAPI (stayed at 4.24). 4.25 did not include dojo, we were working with legacy code that needed dojo, so we updated dojoConfigto include it. When we upgraded to 4.25, the Editor was styled correctly. 

i.e., making sure everything is 4.25 and 1.0.3 solved our issue. Your experience may vary.

0 Kudos
KittyHurley
Esri Contributor

@NicholasRolstad2 If you are using version 4.25 of the ArcGIS Maps SDK for JavaScript, we recommend using Calcite version 1.0.0-beta.97, as it will be fully supported.

The solution provided by @Dirk_Vandervoort is a good workaround if seeking to work with both 4.25 and 1.0.3 together. Calcite releases prior to JavaScript, and the upcoming 4.26 release will support Calcite's version 1.0.3.

0 Kudos