Action Pad labels

06-17-2021 11:06 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Calcite Action Pad defined as a sibling to a Calcite Shell component which contains a header and my mapView div like this:

<calcite-action-pad style="position:absolute;margin-top:4px;margin-left:4px;visibility:hidden;" expanded layout="vertical" id="hamburgerMenu">
      <calcite-action id="menu1" onclick="window.open('aURL','_blank')" text="Frequently Asked Questions" icon="question-mark"></calcite-action>
      <calcite-action id="menu2" onclick="window.open('aURL','_blank')" text="FWP Buy and Apply" icon="shopping-cart"></calcite-action>
      <calcite-action id="menu3" onclick="window.open('aURL','_blank')" text="TIP-MONT" icon="star-circle"></calcite-action>
      <calcite-action id="menu4" onclick="window.open('aURL','_blank')" text="Submit Feedback" icon="edit-attributes"></calcite-action>
      <calcite-action id="menu5" onclick="document.getElementById('myModal-disclaimer').style.display = 'block'" text="Show Disclaimer" icon="exclamation-mark-circle"></calcite-action>
  </calcite-action-pad>

It is not visible by default but is triggered by a click event on an icon. On desktop the labels show up as expected but on mobile they do not show up at all. When expanded the action pad expands by a few pixels but no text appears. Is this a known issue, or something I'm doing wrong here?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MattDriscoll
Esri Contributor

Hey @Anonymous User this sounds like a bug. I see that the max-width is based on the screen (max-width: 20vw). I'll report to the team. Thanks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, I appreciate the follow-up.

I also noticed that the Calcite Shell component seems to have been removed from the Calcite docs page, so I don't know if it's an interaction with that (maybe depreciated?) component. I'm actually working on replacing the Shell component with some static html anyway since I'm not using any Shell features, so I will reply to this post if that solves the issue.

0 Kudos
MattDriscoll
Esri Contributor

Shell hasn't been depreciated, i'll see whats going on there as well. Thanks

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for bringing this up.
Because the documentation site has 3 main columns (navigation, content, in-page navigation), displaying the shell preview component in the center column doesn't work well. Alongside optimizing the content for usage and best practices. 

We are working on alternative solutions for optimizing the display of this higher-level (layout-based) component and adding back into the component list. ​